Thursday, July 26, 2012

Florida Vacation

Finally back home after a two week vacation.  It is sooo  nice to be back home again.  Vacations are supposed to be relaxing, so why do they end up being so exhausting?  Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.  We went and stayed with Mark's family in Florida.  That definitely could have added to the fatigue!  I don't know why we keep going over there.  Is it duty?  It seems like the kids should know their grandparents, but really I don't know if I am helping or hindering.  I guess I just wish that they could have a set of story book grandparents to love them.  Mom would have been a first rate grandma, and it's times like this when I miss her the most.  When I see the gap that is in my life and that of my kids.  How I wish she would have lived long enough to see hem now!  

Anyway, I guess the visit with Sarah and Gideon was good enough.  We went to Disney World.  The kids LOVED it!  I don't think Portia will remember much of it, but we took a gazillion pictures.  I'll be busy scrap booking for a while!   The boys of course had a fabulous time.  There is something about watching the joy that your kids get out of an amusement park.  It is such a long day and the kids wind up cranky, exhausted and a sticky mess by the end.  But they have a ball, so it is totally worth it.    We also hit Epcot Center while we were in FL. Mark had the most fun there.  The technology was interesting, but I enjoyed lunch the best.  We ate at this really cute little french diner.  The food was great.  I tried out some of my High School French with the waiter, who by the way was gorgeous!  A little flirtation with a tall muscular Brad Pitt doppelganger.  Yummy. 

Portia is up from her nap.  I hear "Ma-maa, ma ma?."  I love to listen the her chatter when she wakes up.  So adorable.  Well as long as she doesn't ratchet it up into grumpy.  The baby babble when they are on the cusp of speaking.  It is hard to explain.  It's like it triggers a little bit of euphoria for me.  I love that sound. 

Nope cute is gone.  Condor screech back.  I've left her alone too long. Time to go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment