Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Reading Fiend

Lately I've had my head buried in a nook book.  Escape to a fictional universe.  It is wonderful.  I've had some great plot lines filter in and out.  I need to keep the notebook handy so I can jot some of these great ideas down.  Invariably my productive daydreaming escapes me when it is time to sit down and work on my own stories.  Maybe a hand held recorder would help just to keep ideas in line.  Or a writing class???   Being a writer is a LOT harder than I thought.  How silly of me to think I could just sit down and write a book.  I've scrapped so many story lines and gone in so many different directions.  Maybe outlining will be the next phase.

Lately science fiction has tickled my fancy.  Particularly YA.  Just read the Hunger Games.  Wanted to get that in before it comes out on DVD.  Then one called Across the Universe, which is another YA trilogy.

The last two books I have read BOTH involved books that come to life.  Didn't look for it, but both of them just drew me to them.  snort, hummm... no pun intended.  One was a YA book.  Loved the illustrations.  Throughout the book it had silhouettes of the prince climbing around the book and trying to get out.  Then colored illustrations that were by someone who is a very skilled artist.  Looks like may be colored pencil?  I don't know, I'm not an artist.  I think I'll read it to the boys.  There is a young prince I think they will like.  Portia may even sit still long enough for me to read her a bit of it.

 The last one I read is a little to risque for the kiddos.  Where do people come up with this stuff?  "Throbbing member"?  Ah common.  Really?!?!?!  To each her own.  I think I've decided that when I write I'm going to write a book that I want to read.  Something that is fun to create.  The dream of becoming a published author is thrilling, but right now it looks like a dream is all it will ever be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment